Promoting Health and Wellness With Chiropractic
- Created in Newsletter Library
11 Health and Wellness Benefits of Chiropractic Care
A healthy diet and regular exercise aren't the only factors in health and wellness. Regular visits to your chiropractor help you reduce your risk of illness, ease the pain of chronic conditions, and even lower stress.
Protect and Improve Your Health with Chiropractic
Chiropractic care isn't limited to treatments for back and neck pain. In fact, chiropractic offers an excellent way to maintain your health and avoid conditions and illnesses that can affect the quality of your life. Regular chiropractic care offers these important benefits:
1. Healthier Immune System: Misaligned vertebrae in your spine or neck can press on the nerves that serve the immune system, interfering with the system's ability to fight illness. Spinal manipulation, a common chiropractic treatment, realigns your vertebrae and improves your resistance to diseases and infections.
2. No More Pain: Unlike prescription and over-the-counter pain relievers, chiropractic isn't a temporary fix for pain. Treatments target the source of the problem, eliminating or reducing pain and preventing it from occurring again. Chiropractic offers a simple, effective way to treat pain in any part of the body.
3. Improved Balance: Poor balance can lead to falls and serious injuries. Balance issues are more common in senior citizens but can affect people of any age. Chiropractic treatment enhances the function of nerves involved in balance control, improves gait (walking) problems, and corrects imbalances that can cause misalignments in bones, joints, and muscles. Improving balance with chiropractic care can also help improve your sports performance and reduce your risk of injuries.
4. Natural Headache and Migraine Relief: Do you suffer from frequent tension headaches or migraines? Chiropractic treatments relax tight muscles in your head and neck and keep the vertebrae in your neck properly aligned. Regular treatment can help you reduce the number of days per month you experience headaches.
5. Excellent Posture: If you're like most people, you probably don't think about your posture when you work on your laptop or send a few texts on your phone. Unfortunately, poor posture can strain the muscles and bones in your back, neck, shoulders, and hips, causing pain and headaches. Chiropractic care realigns your joints, improves posture, and corrects imbalances.
6. Fewer Age-Related Aches and Pains: The natural effects of aging can take a toll on your body, causing arthritis, bulging discs, decreased flexibility, poor range of motion, and other problems. Your chiropractor offers a variety of treatments that can help you manage age-related issues.
7. Less Stiffness: Spinal manipulation, spinal mobilization, soft tissue mobilization, massage, and other chiropractic treatments reduce stiffness and inflammation that can make your joints feel tight. Visiting your chiropractor on a regular basis is a simple way to keep your joints and muscles loose and flexible.
8. Better Gastrointestinal Health: Chiropractic treatment offers a natural solution for stomach pain, constipation, diarrhea, heartburn, and gas. Treatment is aimed at relaxing abdominal muscles and easing pressure on the nerves that travel to your stomach and intestines.
9. Lower Blood Pressure: High blood pressure stresses your arteries and your heart, increasing your risk of heart attack, dementia, and heart and kidney disease. Its effect on blood pressure is one of the lesser-known, but very important, benefits of chiropractic care. High blood pressure could be related to an alignment problem in the neck in some cases. Researchers at UChicago Medicine noted spinal manipulation therapy resulted in a significant drop in blood pressure in people who had misaligned vertebrae in their necks.
10. Natural Stress Reduction: Stress may be unavoidable, but it doesn't have to take over your life. Chiropractic treatment loosens tight muscles and triggers the production of endorphins, the hormones that ease pain and improve your mood.
11. An Answer to Your Sleep Problems: It's difficult to fall asleep and stay asleep if you're in pain or feel stressed. Unfortunately, insomnia is a common problem in the U.S. According to the American Academy of Sleep Medicine, 30 to 35 percent of Americans experience brief periods of insomnia, 15 to 20 percent develop symptoms that last less than three months, and 10 percent develop chronic insomnia. Chiropractic care relieves insomnia naturally, helping you get the sleep you need.
Would you like to enhance your health and wellness with chiropractic care? Contact our office to schedule your appointment.